Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it smart to get smart meters yet (/ever)?

Bill Wright wrote:

T i m wrote:

So, where are we on them now ... are they a 'good thing' or likely to
be / stay one, do I ring them up and say 'no thanks' for her?

No guarantee that any that is fitted yet will be portable between
suppliers, if not it may be re-configured to become portable, otherwise
it will get replaced again eventually.

It means she will know that anyone knocking on the door claiming to be a
meter reader will be a crook.

Except every couple of years when they *will* send a human to read one
or other of the meters anyway ...