Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil change and ending with engine replacement

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:38:23 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

The first thing in any of these is going to be finding the correct
service information.

Which is the ONLY thing easier today - and even there, on many cars
the info is NOT available from the manufacturer,and often the
information on the net is pure BS at best. (and overtly dangerous in
others)
I'm a retired auto mechanic with a lot of experience - as well as a
former automotive mechanics instructor. I still do a lot of my own
maintenance - but without the use of a friend's hoist out at the
hangar, there is a LOT I would not attempt (some of which I "might"
still do if I was 25 instead of over 65.

As an instructor I wouldn't be encouraging novices to tackle a lot of
what you are talking about.