Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homework 10 home automotive repairs starting from an oil changeand ending with engine replacement

On 10/17/2018 9:45 AM, Drago Giambattista Esposito wrote:

Try a timing belt on a 97 Prelude.

A timing belt or chain tensioners & plastic guides is another common
maintenance task I forgot to add.

I don't think the timing belt/chain would go with the rest of the belts.

The idea of separating out "scheduled items" from "broken items" is a good
one.

I might expand the list to a dozen even though we're supposed to keep it at
10. I think the main reason for the list is to make us think anyway, as
there is no grade or test - it's just something we're supposed to think
about seriously.

You can make #1 the oil change as it is usually fairly simple.

#2 should be "trade in before warranty is up so the dealer will do all
the work"

Getting tough to do simple things on cars the way the engine comparment
is crammed.