Harry Ziman

Default Condensation - Is this a good solution? - Advice Sought

They work pretty well in my experience. You do need to empty them about once
per day. They do make some noise depending on the fan speed. About the same
as a PC computer fan at low speed, but bear in mind that they need to
situated in a place with free air movement - they can't be tucked away in a
distant corner of a closed bedroom and expect them to dry the whole house.

A time-clock can be used so they only work while you are out, although one
may need a little more power. Also I only bother running ours in winter when
there was a condensation problem, not in summer.

If the humidity is high, I would give it a go if you can.

"Dane Koekoek" wrote in message
In message
"Harry Ziman" wrote:

Try a dehumidifier - they can work wonders in reducing condensation and

so
on without sucking all that expensively heated air out of the house.

They
are a lot less than £300.

How well do they work in practice? How noisy are they?

Dane

--
Dane Koekoek