Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Wet carpet

Brian Reay Wrote in message:
On 04/10/18 14:24, NY wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

a carpet [...] meant for a bathroom
Yuck!

It's only in recent years that I've started to see bathrooms with lino
or tiles. All my parents' houses have had carpet (usually artificial
fibre on foam backing) in the bathroom, and several houses that we've
seen while house-hunting have had carpets.

As long as it doesn't get wet, and as long as there's a mat round the
washbasin and loo, and a mat for you to stand on when you get out of the
bath, then it's fine. Nicer than standing on cold lino or tiles. But not
as hygenic.

We bought special bathroom carpet for our en-suite perhaps 12 years ago.
It has lasted quite well, the pile tends to 'flatten' but we clean it
with one of those carpet cleaning machines (a Vax thing) and it
'springs' back like new. It doesn't have an underlay or foam back so is
quite 'firm' under foot. Otherwise it is fine. No sign of mold etc. If
things like shampoo etc spill, it does stain. It was quite expensive
compared to ordinary carpet

& still stinks of **** around the bog.
--
Jim K