Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sofa Table ReDo

On 10/11/2018 4:15 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:33:45 -0400, Bill wrote:

Leon wrote:
Several weeks I mentioned that I was refinishing a sofa table for
a customer.Â* Unfortunately I applied the last varnish coat during
a hot and humid day.Â* It took more than 3 weeks for the varnish
to dry well enough that you could handle the parts that were
painted black.
Fortunately I varnished the top a few weeks before and dry time
was simply over night.

Anyway, she is happy and I delivered the piece yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm especially enchanted by the 19th century style base. I feel
pretty sure I would have put an elliptical top on it, but that's
just me. As it is, it's prettier than anything I have ever built
and may ever build! LOVE the curves!

Bill

Yep - nice elegant lines & dimensions.
I forget - was this piece original construction
and just re-finished - or re-constructed ?
John T.

It was like a drunk four legged critter when I got it. The finish was
sticky add clouded. It now stands stiff and ridged. ;~)

I refinished every thing and went with the complimentary black instead
of staining the aprons and legs the same as the top.