Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Backup/restore/external drive advice wanted please

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 15:40:56 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Why cannot some enterprising person make a network drive that can see what
machines are on the network and back them up when they are seen?
Brian

That's called backup software it's on a mac in the form of Time Machine, it can be used with Apples Time Capsules.
But I prefer local HD backups personally, not that there's anything wrong with network storage for relatively small size files.
I prefer manualy backing up files when I feel like it, but do use time machine and in fact have just recieved a 2TB WD HD for work after realising that the college network didn't back up my files and wasn't interested in setting an automated backup, so I have to DIY it :-)