Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Sofa Table ReDo

On 10/11/18 4:11 PM, Leon wrote:
On 10/11/2018 3:33 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
Several weeks I mentioned that I was refinishing a sofa table for a
customer.Â* Unfortunately I applied the last varnish coat during a hot
and humid day.Â* It took more than 3 weeks for the varnish to dry well
enough that you could handle the parts that were painted black.
Fortunately I varnished the top a few weeks before and dry time was
simply over night.

Anyway, she is happy and I delivered the piece yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm especially enchanted by the 19th century style base.Â* I feel
pretty sure I would have put an elliptical top on it, but that's just
me. As it is, it's prettier than anything I have ever built and may
ever build! LOVE the curves!

Bill

FWIW I only refinished the piece.Â* this is not normally my style but I
like it too.

Nice work, as usual.

--

-MIKE-