Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Sofa Table ReDo

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Several weeks I mentioned that I was refinishing a sofa table for a
customer. Unfortunately I applied the last varnish coat during a hot
and humid day. It took more than 3 weeks for the varnish to dry well
enough that you could handle the parts that were painted black.
Fortunately I varnished the top a few weeks before and dry time was
simply over night.

Anyway, she is happy and I delivered the piece yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Very nice. Certainly can't readily tell the top is 5-6 boards.

This morning/today is the first day with temps below 90° and much lower humidity, in a long time. Whew!

Sonny