Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Backup/restore/external drive advice wanted please

On 11/10/2018 13:00, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

robocopy H:\ c:\Users\me\documents\H_backup /MIR

Be aware that with robocopy, the /MIR switch will delete a file in the
destination if it no longer exists in the source, that can catch people
out if they expect files to "accumulate" in the destination over time ...

Ah yes, very good point. But I am using that deliberately in some of my
cases where I might change file names to help manage data structures
better. It does mean you are not left with multiple copies of otherwise
very similar stuff, much of it slightly out of date.