Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Backup/restore/external drive advice wanted please

On Thursday, 11 October 2018 10:32:23 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:

I have been using a Maxtor external drive, sadly it has stopped working.
As the drive does not like windows 10 I cannot test it easily.
I have a desktop computer with 931Gb drive of which 103Gb is in use. I
would dearly like a simple, well easy to operate, backup and restore
software and a suitable external drive. All help welcomed. TIA

You've already got easy to operate software. OPen file manager, select all, copy. Go to your new external usb disc, create a new folder and paste. It could not be simpler. You certainly should have more than 1 backup disc if you want to keep your files.

NT