Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Backup/restore/external drive advice wanted please

On 11/10/18 10:32, Broadback wrote:
I have been using a Maxtor external drive, sadly it has stopped working.
As the drive does not like windows 10 I cannot test it easily.
I have a desktop computer with 931Gb drive of which 103Gb is in use. I
would dearly like a simple, well easy to operate, backup and restore
software and a suitable external drive. All help welcomed. TIA

Why doesn't the drive like Windows 10? Is it formatted with a file
system W10 can't read? What error message - if any - does W10 give? Does
the disk work on other machines? What is its interface? USB?

I haven't used Windows of any flavour for about three years, but when I
did I used EaseUS Todo backup. Simple, effective, and reliable (and free).

--

Jeff