Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 9 Oct 2018 22:11:18 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 9:22:15 PM UTC-4, K120 wrote:
On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 15:27:28 -0400, ""Retired" said:

Where did you buy the new fluid ?
Usually they will take used for recycling.

I buy the atf at O'Reillys.
I called them up.
They said they take up to five gallons if they sold it.

What does that mean?

They want to see a receipt that he bought atf. They might not insist on
it.

Apple wanted a copy of the owner's drivers license and a power of
attorney before they would unlock an ipad the the owner's late brother
had locked. After I got all that stuff, he didn't ask for it, didn't
look at it.

Walmart seemed to say they wanted the bar code number to pick somethiung
up but they only looked at my name on my driver's license.

How would they or anyone know who sold oil
that is now old and used?

There are radioactive" markers that show where the oil was sold

If you put a quart of product you bought
there in and then drained 5 out, now what?

No cross contamination is allowed they say.
So it can't be atf in a motor oil container they say.
I have to sign something before they'll take it they say.

I almost couldn't find this thread in all the spam.
Thanks!