Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

On 10/09/2018 03:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/9/2018 3:18 PM, K120 wrote:
I found this newsgroup but it seems to be only spam but I'll ask anyway.

My trash company on Monday wrote "motor oil only" on my half-dozen milk
jugs with red transmission fluid in them.

Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

Put it in opaque motor oil bottles.

The local garbage company specifies clear containers for pickup. I took
mine (oil) to the HazMat Days last month and they didn't bitch about a
gallon Rotella jug. They did hand a guy's brake fluid back to him though.

The oil drop off was separate from the rest of the operation.
Unfortunately I got in the wrong line that I couldn't get out of and
spent about 20 minutes fuming. The workers were unloading items piece by
piece and carefully reading labels to see exactly what sort of hazardous
substance it might be.

Screw that. There's a transmission shop in town that burns used oil in
their shop heater. I'll bring it to them next time.