Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 3:39:40 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 10/9/2018 3:29 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/9/2018 2:18 PM, K120 wrote:
I found this newsgroup but it seems to be only spam but I'll ask anyway.

My trash company on Monday wrote "motor oil only" on my half-dozen milk
jugs with red transmission fluid in them.

Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

Â* Many chain auto parts stores accept it for recycling . Or you could
use it in a waste oil burner to melt aluminum and brass to cast into
useful and decorative items . I wouldn't recommend it for a forge though
, don't know what is in there that might contaminate your metal .

I used to drop off oil at Pep Boys and once left a battery. You could
just leave it near the shop.

I know Pep Boys takes used motor oil here. He could try similar auto parts
chains. Also we have a county hazardous waste facility that takes antifreeze,
oil, paint, just about anything like that.