Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default World's Worst Soldering!

In article ,
says...
During the late 1960's, I was a regular visitor to the various
electronic surplus stores in Los Angeles and Silicon Valley. Among my
purchases was a large box of broken Weller WTCPT bases, irons, cords,
etc. Something like these:
https://www.google.com/search?q=weller+wtcpt&tbm=isch
Over the years, I've repaired or rebuilt 20-30 such soldering
stations, some of which I still use today. Eventually, I'll run out
of repair parts and will need to buy something better.

I have one similar to those. It is an adjustable temperature. The
temperature seems to be stable,but the readout is blank. Have not been
able to find a schematic for that particular one on the internet. Found
some similar,but not the one I have.

I seldom use it any more. I have one of the inexpensive China $ 70 hot
air and iron stations. It heats up very fast and is good enough for my
hobby work. I doubt it would hold up for daily use. I would buy the
much higher dollar unit if I was in the repair business.