Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default World's Worst Soldering!

In article ,
says...

It takes a bit of practice, but once you understand how it works, it's
quite easy. Soldering SMD devices with solder paste is easy because
the part self-aligns itself on the pads once the solder melts. There
are plenty of videos on YouTube showing various ways to use a hot air
SMT desoldering station. Instead of declaring defeat and surrendering
before you start, watch a few and decide if you can handle it.

I have been building kits and repairing electronics for about 50 years
and stayed away from the SMD up to about 3 years ago when I was about
65. I looked at Youtube and with a few simple items it seemed very
easy. I bought an inexpensive hot air rework station for about $ 70 at
the time and the best thing was an Amscope $ 200 10 power microcsope.
After playing around with it for a while on old junk computer boards I
started on the 'good stuff'.

That microscope was the best piece of shop equipment that I have bought
in many years. I seem to use it all the time now.