Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
No Name

Default World's Worst Soldering!

Cursitor Doom

Hi all,

I just fixed up this classic Tek 466 scope I've been meaning to get
around to sorting out for the last few years. As you can see, my
soldering is atrocious. I've been soldering this type of circuitry for 50
years and never got any better at it in all that time. When it comes to
soldering and part-placement, I suck donkey dick!
Check it out and enjoy at my expense:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128859...in/dateposted-
public/

Cool

and...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128859...in/dateposted-
public/

Now that is an interesting bridge rectifier.

Here a raspberry replacing a big chip:
http://panteltje.com/panteltje/raspb...ver/index.html
That thing has been working all day now since Dec 2013 without a glitch.
http://panteltje.com/pub/matrix_disp...m_IMG_6609.JPG
Nothing to worry about.

Even older, 1985 or so, still works:
http://panteltje.com/pub/8052AH_BASI...g_img_1756.jpg

As you can see, the "world's worst" tag was no exaggeration!

Na, it is OK.

I sort of like soldering, but only 60/40, maybe it is the lead ...

:-)
http://panteltje.com/pub/z80/graphics_card_top.jpg
http://panteltje.com/pub/z80/graphics_card_bottom.jpg
have many boards like that....

Scroll down can you find the SMDs on the board?
http://panteltje.com/panteltje/raspb...s_transmitter/
that is some Giggle Hz stuff too.
It is still working, in fact added some stuff.

Soldering is simple.

You need a good temperature controlled soldering iron,
some solder wick, some 60/40, and there you go.
I count to 14 at 320 C for it to flow ... around pins.

:-)