Michael McNeil

Default Tool for digging grooves in walls

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news

Ah no - the house is new to me, not a new house. Its a 50s ex-council job
and the walls are VERY solid - mainly solid brick (don't know exact type
TBH) or stone in places.

It's unlikely to have engineering brick so you should still be able to
manage with a 3" boulster and a 16 oz hammer. I would steer clear of a
4" boulster and lump hammer if I was a newbie -and knew enough to
realise that a little and often is the best MO chasing anything.

You need to go deep enough to bury the wire and -when patching the
plaster, cover the tin protector. An house that old may have enough
cement rendering under the plaster to save you chasing into the
brickwork.

Whatever, it would be a cold day in hell before I shelled out 20 to 40
quid or more on sds tools just for the one job.