Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wet carpet

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 11:26:38 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

If a carpet of the normal house kind ie not one meant for a bathroom, which
are designed to get wet, gets wet, how is the best way to dry it and stop it
from rotting?

Best is a carpet cleaner. They suck the water out.
I suspect you don't want the best though. The simplest for anyone without a cc is to use towels then bogroll, then fan dry it.

The biggest problem is glue failure.

May seem daft, and I know that if its polluted water from a naff central
heating leak or a flood where more than just a bit of rain is involved its
probably a throw it away job, but it was just that I do have the odd
accident with fluids and wondered if simply using a fan heater on it or
throwing it over a radiator might do the trick.

Heat is not what's wanted.

I'm interested in stains and
smell, in the main.
Brian

Weird taste is not something we can help with in uk.d-i-y.

NT