Steve

Default Replace Functioning Water Heater?

In article ,
(Derek Toeppen) wrote:

(Bern M) wrote in message
. com...

I installed a Whirlpool. The Whirlpool is made by American Water
Heater. They have a web page so run a search on the American Water
Heater name.

But, I have to say I am having seconded thoughts about the unit.
My complains maybe common to all water heaters. But until I sort
through them I am a little uncomfortable recommending them.

The two problems are,
1. The unit is degraded 4% per 1K feet in altitude. Thus, at
6500 feet I ended up with a 50 gal unit with 30gal/hr recovery rate
when the unit is specified at 40gal/hr. It maybe all water heaters
do this. Furnances do not.
2. The burner is the noisiest I have ever owned. The low frequency
rumble can be heard every where in the house. This maybe a result of
the new flame control burner laws on the books.

Good luck

I just installed a Whirlpool Gas Hot Water Heater 2 days ago.

I don't have the noise you have, and it sounds about the same as any
water heater I've owned, and I'm now on my 3rd in this house.

Everyone in the house thinks the water is hotter, even though the
thermostat on the water heater is set lower than the recommended setting.

I hve no complaints with it. I just got it from Lowe's and they had a
$99 installation, so it's price was about $150 less than Home Depot's or
Sears for the same size/type water heater.

All in all, I'm very satisfied. (As I said, it's only been 2 days, but
no complaints so far.)

Steve