Bob Minchin

Default Tool for digging grooves in walls

Robert Irwin wrote:
Need some kit for making a better appearance to my cabling work, I'm after
kit for digging grooves into walls so I can bury a couple of power cables
in the walls before being plastered over again. Having trawled
various DIT sites I've come across horrifically expensive 'wall chasers'.
Are these the best bits of kit for the job, and anyone know good soures of
them? Or for a shallowish groove in wall is an angle grinder okay? Also
wondering if anyone know of tools for digging holes to fit flush-mounted
sockets out easily, or is it just a case of whacking away at it with a lump
hammer and chisel?

Angle grinder will do the job neatly and quickly BUT will make clouds of
fine dust over everything and the rest of the house.
Chain drilling with a masonry drill and follow up with a bolster will
take longer thna the angle grinder but a lot quicker and easier than
hammer and bolster alone.

Bob

--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld