mich

Default Wives and mice

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

"mich" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
. 1...
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 02:04:41 +0000, - wrote:
Bear in mind the releasing vermin on anothers property is an
offence... so unless you can release a couple of miles or more from
any habitation I wouldn't recomend it.

Even if you are further than two miles from habitation it does not

preclude
the committing of the offense.
You need to find land that is not owned and that is pretty difficult in
this country.

I understood thatr very little land is actually owned - we mostly own the
freehold, which is a different matter.

But I'm willing to be advised otherwise - with appropriate authority.

I obviously need more in my glass.

All land law is effectively by possession anyway.

However, owning a freehold is the highest form of possession you can have.

To all practical intents and purposes such possession has bee ownership
since the enclosure act of 1831.

I would not like it if someone drove out a nd let loose a load of mice on
my freehold, and should I find them doing it I would be able , using my
freehold/possession of said land ( with or without title deed registration)
bring a prosecution of same under the law. In the latter case of possession
without title I may need to establish my ownership under the current land
laws of 1881 and 2002 ( concerning possessory title) but that would not
prevent me pursuing the case in practical terms under the rodent acts.

In fact anyone can do so, as the offense is letting the vermin loose , it
does not require that the person reporting it own the land on which they are
let loose, just that said land is possession of some person and most land in
this country is - including country parks and national parks.

More than that, from an animal behaviourist point of view, I doubt the mice
will like it. Mice tend to stick to known and travelled routes within their
own territories, to move them any distance is itself inhumane since it
leaves them off their tracks and subject to all sorts of predation.
Much better to kill them quickly than catch them and make them die a slow
and stressed death by using so called "humane traps"