Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default dishwasher detergent clogging drain

On 26/09/2018 22:14, John wrote:
replying to Rusty, John wrote:
I have the same problem. Since we preprinted dishes its not grease
buildup.
We have a septic tank so all plumbing in in basement ceiling. It is
definitely
the detergent. We have been using the hell packs but will be going back to
liquid Same thing happened to my daughters house. She used powder
detergent. It filled the pipe with a sandy substance, which I assume are
the
filler materials added to the detergent

Never seen it with a dishwasher but, in the past, we had problems with
liquid clothes detergent in a washing machine. The outlet and drain
became gunged up with a grey, chalky, paste.

Some research indicated it was a known issue- detergent residue, body
oil/fat (from clothes), hard water deposits, .... all mixed up. We don't
get it with power.

--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.