Posted to uk.d-i-y
543dsa 543dsa is offline

Default OT. On Treason May/the EUSSR

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , MM
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 08:15:17 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 11:11:19 UTC+1, MM wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 09:40:07 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 25/09/2018 09:14, Brian Gaff wrote:
We need to define democracy. It seems to mean whatever gets them
back
into
power as many politicians like many rock stars start to believe they
are
the
saviour of society and cannot possibly be wrong.

To the Athenians, who invented it, democracy meant giving every
citizen* the right to vote on every issue - effectively a referendum
on every decision.

* Citizens had to be male, property owners and have completed military
training.

To my mind, democracy means having the right to change one's mind when
the facts change. Already half the lifetime of a normal session of
government (five years) has elapsed and we know a *heck* of a lot more
now about the ramifications of leaving. A new poll of Labour Party
members shows that over 80% want now to remain in the EU. Business
Insider UK reported on 4 September that 2.6 million voters have
switched support from leave to remain.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/this-p...it-voters-now-
want-to-remain-in-the-eu-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

MM

The facts have not changed since the referendum..

But the fact is, many more voters are now aware of the facts.

Any future changes will be for the worse.
Eg, EUSSR army.

Why is that a change for the worse, given the threat Putin poses?

We already have NATO. What we don't have, are that many countries other
than the US and the UK who are ready to put their defence money where
their mouth is. So you might be entitled to wonder what the "EU Army"
is for.

So the EU doesnt have to get the US to agree with what its used for.
It did in fact take a long time before NATO got involved in the fiasco
in Bosnia when Clinton was Prez. And Ike made Britain and France
back off militarily in Suez.