Frogleg

Default Dark Kitchen / Track Lighting?

On 16 Jan 2004 11:50:50 -0800, (Quidnunc) wrote:

Hi, all. I'm a first-time poster looking for some advice.

I desperately need to improve the lighting in the kitchen in a rented
apartment. It is too dark to work comfortably at the stove or at the
counter next to it. We don't want to do anything permanent or
terribly expensive (more than $250). The idea I came up with is to
put in ceiling-mounted track lighting using a cord with a simple
in-line switch running down to an outlet over the counter in question.

If I had convenient outlets, I'd paste up a couple little stick
fluorescents under the cupboards. They're cheap, light, and many can
simply be attached with adhesive pads. The problem with
ceiling-mounted *anything* is that when you're working at counter or
stove, you're probably shadowing the work surface.