Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Power tool battery revival

Yes I thought that and to some extent the older nickel metal hydride types
as well.

Lithium/ion ar a whole other animal indeed depending on their construction
several different animals. Some are like normal batteries some are like a
kind of thin set of electrodes squished up together... I know a technical
term!
One tends to have individual cell failure as with the older types and of
course because its being reverse charged by the others running the load it
is well knackered fast and turns into a resistor. The others can get very
hot and burst into flames hence the protection!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
It is my understanding that Litium Ion batteries should not be fully
discharged and usually contain circuits to prevent this happening. Some of
your advice applies more to NiCads.

Richard