Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Power tool battery revival

Well those batteries sound to me like they are knackered. One has to be
careful as often each cell has protection circuitry to stop them blowing up
or catching fire!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a few 18v Graco (same as DeWalt lithium ion) batteries for my paint
sprayer which seem to charge well but then die very quickly. Once charged
they show just over 20v on the multi meter. I have been doing some
searching and come across people saying
1. Zap them with 36v - although this seems to be if they are not charging
at all
2. Slowly drain them until tool doesn't work any more. Leave them and
drain again. Repeat until completely dead and then charge.

Does anyone know if this works or is there a better option? For option 2,
my sprayer only has one setting so will this have the same effect or do I
need to find another way to discharge them eg somehow find a 18v ish bulb
?

Thanks in advance for your help

Lee.