Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Remington Power [powder]Drive

"MOP CAP" wrote in message news:2018092018585755024-email@domaincom...

I have a 30 year [plus] old Rem. powder driver. I went to use it and
the charges seem to have lost their strength. Is this normal? If so how
does one dispose of the cartridges?
Thanks,
CP

That may vary by jurisdiction, but here is my experience with similar
disposal. A friend of mine asked me about disposing of a bunch of
ammunition. Some factory and some reloads, that was in a house he bought at
a repo sale. I called another friend who is fire captain for Rural Metro
and asked. He said they have people bring ammo to the fire stations
sometimes, and anything that's question just goes in the trash. That kind
of surprised me, but its what he said, "unofficially." He said it might be
different if you were disposing of several large cases, but for a few boxes
they just thank the citizen and toss it in the trash after they leave.