Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike_Duffy[_2_] Mike_Duffy[_2_] is offline

Default Propane temporarily switching small tanks for big tanks

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:36:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/19/2018 8:40 AM, George P wrote:
What's the procedure?

Seems simple but I could be missing something.
1) Turn off valve to large tank (250 gallons).
2) Open line (wearing gloves & pointing away from face)
3) Connect the small tank (20 gallons) taking care to prevent air entry

Is there more to it from a safety standpoint than that obvious procedure?

Pretty much that would be it.

Well, I would suggest pointing your face away from the open line instead of
pointing away from your face. After all, the escaping gas might not see
which way you are pointing given that you are wearing the gloves.