Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 9/17/2018 3:58 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Cheri posted for all of us...

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , says....

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong group but hoping someone can help.. I
ordered a desktop computer with Win10 that came with mouse and keyboard.
The
computer plug ins on the back of computer for these are round pin type,
but
the mouse and keyboard that came with it have the slotted flat plug ends.
have a man coming from Best Buy on Tuesday and wonder what type if any
adapters there are for this. Thanks to anyone who can help, I am not
computer savvy at all.

--

Does the computer have any of the flat slots on the back ? Those are
called USB ports and if there are any , you can plug the keyboard and

They do make the adapters for this, but most computers have not used the
round plugs in years.

Thank you so much for that answer! I can now see what you mean. You have
been most helpful.

Cheri

The round type are called DIN connectors. The flat type are called USB
connectors. USB is most common these days. They sent the wrong k/b and
mouse. Are there adapters in the box?

No, they sent USB. You are thinking backwards on this. There will not
be a labeled plug though, that is the confusion.

Ok, I didn't read it correctly (again) :-(

--
Tekkie