Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Computer keyboard and mouse question

On 09/19/2018 08:46 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:40:45 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 18 Sep 2018 20:53:27 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 09/18/2018 11:36 AM, micky wrote:

[snip]

mini-DIN. Regular DIN describes the older PC keyboard (and cassette on
the original PCs) connectors.

So what is the difference between mini-DIN and PS/2?

The Wikipedia article at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-DIN_connector shows 7 varieties of
mini-DIN. The one in the middle looks like a PS/2 connector.

BTW, I didn't see that coming. All these years and I don't remember
every learning about mini-DIN, and all I know about DIN is that car
radios come in that size.

Deutsches Institut für Normung
The German standards agency.
They are sort of like NEMA or SAE

Leave it to the Germans to say "FFS, can't you make all the frigging car
radios the same size instead of everybody marching to their own
drummer?" Damn Nazis...

Even if it's a 1/2 DIN, double DIN, or some other variant a dashkit puts
you in business.