Quidnunc

Default Dark Kitchen / Track Lighting?

Thanks for the answers I've gotten so far. I'll keep checking back in
case anyone else has an opinion about this.

To respond to some of the suggestions I've gotten:

1) Under cabinet fluorescent lights won't work, because the only
cabinet in the area is over the stove, so I think it would be too much
bother to keep it free of grease. There is no cabinet over the
counter (it runs in front of a window).

2) There is no good place to put a floor lamp, so the torchiere idea
is out.

3) The existing fixture is for incandescent bulbs, and it's
positioned nearly in the center of the room, about 8-9 feet away from
where I'm thinking about installing the track. Retrofitting it might
be a possibility, but I think I would still have a shadow issue since
the light would be well behind anyone working at the stove or the
counter. It also sounds like more work than the track system, which
seems like it would basically involve just putting in two screws,
running the cord, and plugging it in.

4) I had not thought about using a "2 light 4' wrap." I did a google
search to try to find a picture, but I didn't come up with anything.
If anyone can give me more info about where these can be obtained and
what they look like, I'll consider the suggestion.

Thanks again for the answers I've' gotten so far. I really appreciate
it.

Mark