Steve

Default Replace Functioning Water Heater?

In article ,
BobS wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:15:59 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Steve wrote:

It just so happens that Lowes has a $99 install for hot water heaters,
after rebate, and this deal ends on Jan 18th. I just came from my
local
Home Depot in NJ, and they get $250 for a gas wh install.

Thanks so much for posting. With the stuck valve and 10+/- years of the
water heater's life while we have lived here, I'm getting quite concerned
for its long-term health. I really don't want to come home to water running
out the garage. Replacement (especially at sale price g) is starting to
make more and more sense.

-- Mark

To get the $99 install you must purchase a 9, 12 or lifetime heater.
Any opinions on the Whirlpool line of heaters? The 9 year Whirlpool
is going for $278.

Thanks...Bob

I just arranged to have the 9 year gas 40 gallon Whirlpool hot water
heater installed early next week, so I could get that $99 install after
rebate. It comes out to $249 for an install, which is what Home Depot
charges as well, then you get $150 rebate in 6-8 weeks.

After some looking around, the same WH at home Depot in a GE Brand is
over $20 more, plus the full install price. Sears charges the same
thing as Home Depot for their Hot Water Heater, and I didn't inquire
about an install price, and they didn't mention any install discount or
rebate, although they have a rebate on delivery. Yes, delivery of the
water heater gets a rebate, but not an install, at Sears.

In my searching around for experiences with this Whirlpool, as well as
the others, I found Pros and Cons, for Sears, Whirlpool and GE, as well
as the AO Smith I have now. It appears to be a hit or miss situation
like purchasing any major appliance. Buy it, and hope for the best.

Steve