Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default Bamboo Cups, plates, trays etc.

On 16/09/2018 19:29, Brian Reay wrote:
On 16/09/2018 20:46, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:02:06 +0200, Brian Reay wrote:

The thread on Bamboo scaffolding reminded me of some Bamboo cups,
plates, trays etc I've seen for sale on various places. I think I first
saw them in the Eden Project gift shop but I've seen them in other shops
on the high street.

Bamboo plates and cups seems like a totally barmy idea to me. Those of us
who remember the late 70s fad for "chicken in a basket" pub meals will no
doubt also remember the number of food poisoning cases that stupid idea
gave rise to.

As Andy has pointed out, totally different beasts. These look like
plastic. Smooth to the touch, not shiny. Actually quite attractive- not
cheap looking.

We've not bought any although senior management did seem to like the
trays and I'd not be surprised if one is bought before long.

There are bamboo pet dishes about some of which claim to have an
'anti-bac' quality, probably the more expensive ones. although they
don't say where this function comes from. You can't take too much
hygiene care when dealing with pets, it too easy to, say, catch fleas
from dogs, etc.

--
Spike