Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Ford Focus "Engine fault" and "Transmission fault"

On 16/09/2018 15:21, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

I assume this is a computer link with some kind of diagnostics?

You can obtain a OBDII blutooth or USB interface on Ebay for around £10.

For a Ford some free diagnostic software for the PC or smartphone is
available called ForScan.

https://forscan.org/home.html

Connect by a USB OBDII interface (Search on Ebay for "OBDII Forscan" for
compatible devices - possibly pay an extra few quid for UK sellers who
claim to have tested the interface before dispatch)

For bluetooth connection to a smart phone try the free app called Torque
Lite or pay £3 for the Pro version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orque&hl=en_GB

There will be youtube videos showing the operation but with a
non-started engine you may only be able to get a limited amount of
information such as the stored fault codes

There is a test function on the lh stalk and it brings up what seem to
be A/D status information.

On my old Focus there was an easy accessed diagnostic function that only
tested the dash related functionality plus battery voltage. The real
information came from plugging in to the OBDII port[1]. On my 2017 Focus
the steering wheel accessed diagnostics is only a limited function report.

[1] The OBD port will be somewhere in the drivers compartment. In my old
Focus under a removable plastic cover above the brake pedal. In my new
focus its behind a a small drop down storage compartment next to the
steering wheel (squeeze the sides of the compartment to release in to
gain access to the port.)