Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Ford Focus "Engine fault" and "Transmission fault"

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq snotty_archi_
Wrote in message:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:28:54 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 16/09/18 15:21, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 07:09:41 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, 16 September 2018 13:45:18 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
Just attempted to fire up the Focus hatchback, manual with a zetec
engine. It wont start presumably because the transmission and engine
warning message is displayed.

It was fine when parked up around three weeks ago. The battery is
fine, the lights and other electrics work but there is no attempt to
turn the engine over.

I dissed the battery and the fault is still there.

Anyone had this?

I had trouble with electrics on my Fiat, I got the impression that the
only solution was a main dealer. Is this the case with the Ford, or
can independents sort problems efficiently now?

Regards

AB

sounds like you need an OBD2 scanner

NT

I assume this is a computer link with some kind of diagnostics?

There is a test function on the lh stalk and it brings up what seem to
be A/D status information.

I found some website that provides suggested local dealers, I'll see
what that produces.

I dont like vehicle wiring, but feel helpless really. My first
experience with an auto electrician wasn't good. He replaced
everything in the ignition circuit on an Orion, and when this didn't
cure the problem started on the plug leads again. Everything he tried,
I got a bill for. In the end I diagnosed that it was nothing to do
with the ignition myself. It was an intermittent fuel blockage.

AN

This maybe?
https://thecarkeyman.co.uk/ford-car-key-problem/

Thank you, very informative. It seems that the key is fine, I have the
"skilled technician" problem:-(

Regards

AB

Not usually apparent from your generally inciteful & largely BS
posts...

I wonder if, having tapped the collective's knowledge, you might
change your general approach?...hehe

I'd recommend you do as if not, the next time should hopefully be
a stone "feck off" wall...
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/