Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Ford Focus "Engine fault" and "Transmission fault"

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 15:21:30 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 07:09:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

snip

sounds like you need an OBD2 scanner

I assume this is a computer link with some kind of diagnostics?

Often just a cheap BT 'dongle' you plug into the ODB port on your car
and can 'talk to' via Bluetooth app on your Smartphone.

Personally I like the 'Torque' app as a good all rounder.

snip

I dont like vehicle wiring, but feel helpless really.

That's where OBD tools come in.

My first
experience with an auto electrician wasn't good. He replaced
everything in the ignition circuit on an Orion, and when this didn't
cure the problem started on the plug leads again. Everything he tried,
I got a bill for.

Sounds like the 'lucky dip' approach?

In the end I diagnosed that it was nothing to do
with the ignition myself. It was an intermittent fuel blockage.

And why many of us are in this d-i-y group. ;-)

Cheers, T i m