Capitol

Default Mains Halogen Bulbs

Having just had to replace a LV halogen fitting for someone else, my opinion
is that the product is a pile of "****". The transformer had failed from
overheating(IKEA), was a nightmare to mount and service and had only lasted
3 years. Bearing in mind the cost of the halogen lamps, the short life and
the unreliability, long life low energy lamps are a far better product. I
recently mounted a mains halogen product, and it suffered from much the
same difficulties (and mechanical frailty). There must be a market for
attractively styled long life lamps, when do we see the products?
Regards
Capitol