Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Using a blowtorch to melt out a door lock

Brian Gaff wrote

If going equipped is still an arrest offence

It is.

a lot of people might be arrested who are decorators or some other kind of
tradesman.

Nope, Adam has only been arrested for being drunk and disorderly, so far.

I think it is impossible to protect things well enough to stop the
determined thief if they think it worth while.

But its perfectly possible to make it hard enough so that the
large footed fellas show up before they get what they want.

The main petty criminal stealing for a drug habit will take the easy
option though.

Yep, **** over those who havent secured anything.

For those premises where there really is nick stuff then let them in with
the minimum of damage to your property and use hidden cameras and silent
alarms to try to make sure they get caught.

And cant get out while the large footed fellas are showing up.

Police won't do anything much these days unless you have pictures and
almost give them the address of the crim.

They do when they can see the druggys trying to get in.

There was a case recently where the idiot criminal made a phone call on
his mobile from within the crime scene and there was sound and video being
recorded.

And it doesn’t cost much to have that sort of system now.

I don't think a lot of them are that smart.

Yep, if they were, they wouldn’t be druggys.

"Jim K" wrote in message
Nick Odell Wrote in message:
I've just read the second recent article in the local paper about
break-ins using a blow torch. Googling with my subject line brings up
dozens of examples.

Is this the burglar's response to bump-proof eurolocks?

Nick

& snap-safe etc I'd suspect
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----