Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Using a blowtorch to melt out a door lock

If going equipped is still an arrest offence a lot of people might be
arrested who are decorators or some other kind of tradesman.

I think it is impossible to protect things well enough to stop the
determined thief if they think it worth while. The main petty criminal
stealing for a drug habit will take the easy option though.
For those premises where there really is nick stuff then let them in with
the minimum of damage to your property and use hidden cameras and silent
alarms to try to make sure they get caught. Police won't do anything much
these days unless you have pictures and almost give them the address of the
crim.
There was a case recently where the idiot criminal made a phone call on his
mobile from within the crime scene and there was sound and video being
recorded.
I don't think a lot of them are that smart.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K" wrote in message
Nick Odell Wrote in message:
I've just read the second recent article in the local paper about
break-ins using a blow torch. Googling with my subject line brings up
dozens of examples.

Is this the burglar's response to bump-proof eurolocks?

Nick

& snap-safe etc I'd suspect
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----