Dave Plowman

Default Replacement picture tube out of warranty?

In article ,
Fraser wrote:
My 3.5 year old Toshiba 32" widescreen has died, due to a faulty picture
tube. The problem is that now and again the green gun overloads, filling
the screen with a green zig-zag pattern, then the TV shuts down. The
repair shop say this is due to a bad design in the picture tube, causing
overheating. This is a well known problem in this tube (Philips)
apparently, and this tube is no longer used in new products.

They're pulling your plonker. I can't think of any tube fault that would
cause a zig-zag pattern - or to cause the SMPS to shut down the set.

--
*Even a blind pig stumbles across an acorn now and again *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn