Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil[_3_] Nil[_3_] is offline

Default Coleman fuel

On 06 Sep 2018, Bill wrote in
alt.home.repair:

FWIW, I used unleaded gas in a Coleman stove a long time ago. It
seemed to work fine. Maybe the Coleman product burns cleaner due
to fewer additives?

I used an Optimus camp stove for decades and I always ran it on
unleaded gas. I had to clean out the pinhole spout occasionally, but it
never failed me. I have a newer, lighter, more modern stove now, not
Coleman brand, I think. That must be what I bought the fuel for, though
I don't remember actually doing that.

My backpacking days are probably over, and if they're not I'll get some
fresh fuel at that time. This can's gotta go.