Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Red jackets in the gas grill

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 15:45:45 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 2:46:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 07:47:58 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 9/6/18 7:33 AM, Andy wrote:
I am trying to stop red jackets from habituating my gas grill.

I don't want to use poisons.

I have sprayed them with a soap solution, but they keep coming back and building nests.

Anything I can put in there that they won't like being around?

Thanks,
Andy

I've heard of Yellow Jackets. Never heard of red ones. But whatever they
are, the solution is simple in a grill. Find the nest and apply a lit
propane torch to it. I even do that under the eaves on wooden siding,
but you have to go fast or you can blister the paint and could even
start a fire. But it only takes about 1/10th of a second of the flame
and they are falling to the ground. I apply the torch a second time to
the wasps that are on the ground. Then I knock down the nest and burn
that too. I dont usually tell people this method because someone will
probably start a fire (on wood). But on that grill, take your torch and
blast away.

(It's best to do this after dark, thats when they are all in the nest
and not likely to sting you).

They were actually red wasps.

This guy?
https://tinyurl.com/y7e6nquy