Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nailing up a ceiling rose

On 31/08/18 22:33, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
Well, that was a first.
Tried to remove a ceiling rose, and screwdriver wouldn't engage
with the second screw. It's too dim to see in the recess, but
eventually use the torch on the mobile - no slot. The damn thing
has been nailed up. By the time I've managed to lever it off,
the ceiling rose is in several pieces, and there's a hole in the
lath and plaster ceiling twice the size of the ceiling rose, sigh.

You too huh?

In my case it was wher the overflowing bath upstairs founds it's way
out...the spotlight hole..

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey