Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default Cable, pipe, stud finder - recommendations?

On 29/08/2018 15:01, David wrote:
Looking at the moment and as usual Amazon has a mix of 1* (doesn't worj)
and 5* (want to have its' kids) reviews so not much help there.

Are they all of a muchness or should I go for a known name?

Cheers

dave R

I have an old basic B&D pipe/cable detector which just has a sensitivity
control - it reliably detects metal in walls , I trust it and to me its
an essential tool.
I also have a Zircon Multiscanner Pro with settings for studs, deepscan
,metal and AC - its unreliable and I never trust it by itself.