Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable, pipe, stud finder - recommendations?

On Wednesday, 29 August 2018 15:01:45 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Looking at the moment and as usual Amazon has a mix of 1* (doesn't worj)
and 5* (want to have its' kids) reviews so not much help there.

Are they all of a muchness or should I go for a known name?

Cheers

dave R

I made one with CMOS gates, works very well at finding live wires. Doesn't do anything else. A metal detector would do the rest presumably.

Not tried it but I see you get get mobile apps that pick up the mag field from mains wires carrying current, don't know how useful they are.

NT