Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default $50 Dust Collection Unit - Should I "Upgrade"?

This is my current dust collection system. It's crude but it works for my
very small shop. I can easily swap the hose between the miter saw and a longer
hose that runs along the ceiling which can be connected to other tools, be used
for general shop clean up etc. The Rigid vac is rated at 3.5 HP.

https://i.imgur.com/kqQYgk1.jpg

I found this listing on Offer-Up for $50. It's a 1 HP portable dust collection
unit.

https://i.imgur.com/4HH2weq.png

I've never used a unit like that one. Would this be an upgrade to my current
set-up? I would still want to house the unit in the cabinet to keep the noise
down so I would need a way to attach it to the Dust Deputy since there is not
enough room in the cabinet for the bag. Obviously some hose adapters will be
required.

Is it worth trying to make this unit fit the space?

Thanks!