Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Replacement Socket

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:42:27 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Job completed, at my mothers' house. As usual with this property, the
job didn't take 15 minutes but more like 3 hours.

I purchased a MK double switched socket from Toolstation. All 3
terminals are in line and the screws are tightened from above. The
backed off captive screws were very tight and on the first attempt at
trying to tighten the first of them I thought it may strip the driver
slot in the screw.

This was common in the 1-star reviews on SF. At a guess, the 'captive' part
is done by deforming the thread after the screw is fitted and the screw is
backed out too far - bloody automation!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away