Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble Drier Tripping RCD

On 25/08/18 23:25, Brian Reay wrote:
On 25/08/2018 22:25, TheChief wrote:
Harry Bloomfield Wrote in message:
TheChief brought next idea :
Looks like rain tomorrow, so the drier element might just get a
Â* coat of looking at.

Check for signs of any damage, along the length of it. Maybe try
disconnecting the end connections (both ends), insulating them, to see
if it still then trips the RCD.

Keep in mind that RCD's can be tripped, by both a leak L to E and a
leak N to E.

Good idea thanks Harry

While Harry's idea is good, don't assume any issue with the heater
casing will be visible. I recently had a heater fail (RCD trips) and
on removal there was a leakage path to earth- I'm pretty sure due to
water ingress. But even with an eye glass, I couldn't find a hole.

been te same on every rcd tripping element I have ever replaved.
Outwardly perfect. Inside damp or crushed silca is displaced - few K to
earth.

--
Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
Mark Twain